PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Two Products - License server daemon problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashok Vignesh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Two Products - License server daemon problem Reply with quote

We have two products of PGI. one is PGI Accelerator Server and other is PGI-Cluster Development Kit. We installed everything successfully. Firstly We tried to start the license server daemon - PGI Accelerator Server running successfully. Secondly we tried to start the license server daemon - PGI Cluster Development Kit but is not running. The two product of both of them are same hostname, same mac address and same port. The PGI Accelerator Server location on our cluster through NFS i.e., /home/pkg/lic/pgi/pgi-accelerator-server/ contains license file, flexlm log and bin directory. Other product - PGI Cluster Development Kit location on our cluster through NFS i.e., /home/pkg/lic/pgi-cdk/ contains license file, flexlm log and bin directory.

Second license file, I changed the port number from 27000 to 28000 and pgroupd added the port 28005 then license server daemon failed to open the TCP-PORT.

Because pgroupd is already running the first license, so the second license will not run.

I tried to combine the license file then run the license server daemon, it is not running of both of them.

How to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ashok Vignesh.
jtull

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Serving two PGI licenses on the same server Reply with quote

Ashok,

I am sorry, but we do not support more than one PGI
license being served per license server. The reason we do not
is because it does not work.

The product strings inside the PACKAGE components of each license
are identical in parts, and confuse lmgrd. What often happens
is that only one license is really being shared by all, or neither
works at all.

Older, non-package keys did have the ability to share
a server, because the feature strings were different. A windows and
a linux license could be served by one machine, but two linux
licenses could not.

With the current license formats, multiple license handling
does not work.

So, you will need two license servers. for the two licenses.

btw, if two flexlm licenses are using the same server,
both should assign the same port to lmgrd, while each
license daemon (like pgroupd) should use its own unique port.

regards,
dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: