PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

How to get CUDA fortran beta version installed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tty103

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: How to get CUDA fortran beta version installed Reply with quote

I downloaded both the pvf and workstation packages (9.04 updated Sep. 18). during install process, seems no indication cuda fortran is included. I tried compile a test code, it complains about all the CUDA fortran directives. I tried both use a .cuf extension, and use -Mcuda option. Is it a guide on how to setup the cuda fortran beta version? Thanks
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tty103,

The CUDA Fortran Beta is only available on Linux. Windows will be supported in the next release (10.0).

Thanks for your interest,
Mat
ghandurah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mkcolg

can this -Mcuda option be used for C code compiled with -ta=nvidia? or is it for CUDA fortran only?

and is there anyway that I can view the CUDA code generated by the PGI compiler and modify it?

Thank You

EDIT: I found out that I could use -ta=nvidia,keepgpu (for the 2009 relase) to view the GPU code, but this is not mentioned in the PGI user guide 2009, only in the 2010 guide and release notes!!

can I modify that code now and recompile using it?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ghandurah,

Quote:
can this -Mcuda option be used for C code compiled with -ta=nvidia? or is it for CUDA fortran only?

"-Mcuda" is for CUDA Fortran only. For CUDA C, you will need to use NVIDIA's nvcc.

"-ta=nvidia" can be used with either C or Fortran but only with PGI's Accelerator directive/pragma model. The accelerator model is distinct from CUDA Fortran.

Please see my response to your other post on how to use the "keepgpu" flag.
http://www.pgroup.com/userforum/viewtopic.php?t=1653

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: