PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Course

Link to Intel MKL Fortran 95 libraries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eos Pengwern

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Link to Intel MKL Fortran 95 libraries Reply with quote

I'm trying to link a PGI Fortran application with the Fortran 95 versions of the MKL BLAS and LAPACK libraries.

As my application uses the MKL routines inside higher-level OpenMP threads, I need to link the sequential versions of the MKL with the PGI OpenMP runtime. Based on the output of Intel's MKL Link Line Advisor, my link dependancies are:

mkl_solver_sequential.lib mkl_intel_s.lib mkl_sequential.lib mkl_core.lib -mp -pgf90libs mkl_blas95.lib mkl_lapack95.lib

(...with the last two added in on my own initiative - they are there in this form when I compile the application in Intel Fortran).

Anyway, when I try to compile the application, I get an error stating:

error F0004 : Corrupt or Old Module file C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Compiler\11.1\051\mkl\include\ia32\mkl95_blas.mod

Is there some other way I ought to be doing this?
N. Shamsundar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few compilers can read module description files (*.mod) written by another compiler. You need to retrieve the source code for the module from the MKL distribution, presumably mkl95_blas.f90, and compile it using the PGI compiler.
Eos Pengwern

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks; I guess that makes sense. Before V10.2 (if I remember rightly), you had to build the F95 interface files manually even for the Intel compiler. Nowadays they provide pre-built files, but I guess they only apply to the Intel compiler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: