PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

How to install PGI network complete version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaoFeng33397

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: How to install PGI network complete version Reply with quote

Hi
I am a new comer in linux, now i have a cluster to install PGI comlier,my system is SUSE linux 10.2,
After i have download the complete gz file ,i followed carefully from the installguide. now i have Successfully installed the PGI in the cluster server and run the lmgrd.rc success.
The problem is that how shoud i install the pgi in other nodes to get the PGI complier run in that machine.the insallguide pdf file said little about this.should i repeat the work in the server?
Now i just followed the server installation, almost repeat the work that have done on the server, after install finished,i copied the server license.dat in the node /opt/pgi directory. although i made a ntf file share of directory /usr/pgi/9.0/share_objects,i can hardly understand why need to do this,as the nodes already have a /usr/pgi/9.0/share_objects directory since i followed the network install.after copy,i just test and get the following error message.

Code:

Last login: Mon Sep 28 20:48:27 2009 from 10.3.198.47
node1:~ # pgf77 -V x.f
pgf77 9.0-4 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp shanghai-64
Copyright 1989-2000, The Portland Group, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
Copyright 2000-2009, STMicroelectronics, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
pgi-f77-lin64: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM: Failed to checkout license
pgi-f77-lin64: LICENSE MANAGER PROBLEM:
Feature:       pgi-f77-lin64
License path:  /opt/pgi/license.dat:
For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
available at "www.acresso.com".
node1:~ # pgf95 -V x.f

pgf95 9.0-4 64-bit target on x86-64 Linux -tp shanghai-64
PGF90/x86-64 Linux 9.0-4
PGF90-F-0002-Unable to open source input file: x.f
PGF90/x86-64 Linux 9.0-4: compilation aborted

It seems that pgf77 not work but pgf95 work
pgCC work but pgcc not work
any suggeston?

Thank you!
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi HaoFeng33397,

Quote:
The problem is that how shoud i install the pgi in other nodes to get the PGI complier run in that machine.the insallguide pdf file said little about this.should i repeat the work in the server?

If you need to compile on each node, the easiest thing to do is install the compilers on a shared mount. If you are only running on the nodes, then just the shared runtime libraries are needed.
Quote:
It seems that pgf77 not work but pgf95 work pgCC work but pgcc not work any suggeston?
Actually, all of them aren't working. It just that pgf77 and pgcc check the license before checking if a file exists. If you try pgf95 with a real file, it will fail with the same message.

I'm assuming that you're using the product that's tied to your gmail account? If this is the case, the problem is that you have a Workstation license that can not be shared by multiple systems. You will only be able to compile on system that corresponds to the hostname in the license (node8).

If you have additional question specific to your account, please contact your reseller or license@pgroup.com

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: