PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

CUDA Fortran samples compilation problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Discover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There must be something up with the online ticket entry tool. I have tried to send this issue in twice and clicked the "cc" checkbox each time and I have not gotten a copy of the original message.

re-installing may work for the future but I guess what you are telling me is that I need to install PGI under SLES11 under an alternative location to have really any hope of getting this to work in the interim. I can't re-install the version in use by our SLES10 hosts as they are still very much in use. We install multiple versions of PGI under /usr/local/pgi so this is also a bit of a pain (since I need to go through and re-install every version in use, not just the latest).

What I don't understand is why setting the .mypgirc isn't working for the nvidia configuration. It seems to work for everything else. Here is what I have:

##### localrc contents #####
set LFC=-lgfortran;
set LDSO=/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2;
set GCCDIR=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3;
set GCCINC=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/include;
set G77DIR=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.3/;
set OEM_INFO=64-bit target on x86-64 Linux $INFOTPVAL;
set LOCALRC=YES;
set THROW=__THROW=;
set EXTENSION=__extension__=;
set LC=$if(-Bstatic,-lgcc -lgcc_eh -lc -lgcc -lgcc_eh -lc, -lgcc -lc -lgcc);
# GLIBC version 2.9
# GCC version 4.3
set GCCVERSION=40301;
export PGI=/usr/local/pgi;
# makelocalrc executed by nacks Mon Mar 7 13:25:28
############################

This config was created on the SLES11 system. The localrc still has the SLES10 config:

set LFC=-lgfortran;
set LDSO=/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2;
set GCCDIR=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.2;
set GCCINC=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.2/include;
set G77DIR=/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.2/;
set OEM_INFO=64-bit target on x86-64 Linux $INFOTPVAL;
set NUMALIBNAME=-lnuma ;
set LOCALRC=YES;
set THROW=__THROW=;
set EXTENSION=__extension__=;
set LC=$if(-Bstatic,-lgcc -lgcc_eh -lc -lgcc -lgcc_eh -lc, -lgcc -lc -lgcc);
# GLIBC version 2.4
# GCC version 4.1.2
set GCCVERSION=40102;
export PGI=/usr/local/pgi;
# makelocalrc executed by nacks Fri Feb 11 16:34:53
set MPIVDIR=/usr/local/pgi/linux86-64/2011/mpi/mvapich;
set OFEDLIBDIR=/usr/lib64;
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Quote:
There must be something up with the online ticket entry tool. I have tried to send this issue in twice and clicked the "cc" checkbox each time and I have not gotten a copy of the original message.
I asked our Customer Service and they have been receiving mail from the web system so I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Please feel free to contact them directly at trs@pgroup.com.
Quote:

I can't re-install the version in use by our SLES10 hosts as they are still very much in use.
So this installation serves multiple hosts from a shared file system? I misunderstood your earlier post and thought this was a single system installation.

For shared installation, it's best to use a 'network' installation. In this case, a localrc file is created for each system, automatically upon first use of the compilers. Also, each system will then use the correct header files, GPU configuration, etc.

Quote:
What I don't understand is why setting the .mypgirc isn't working for the nvidia configuration
I'm not sure either. Adding "-show" to the compile will show you what compiler configuration variables are being set. Can you please confirm the GCCVERSION is being set to 40301?

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: