PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Syntax error using _FPU_SETCW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeMaitre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Syntax error using _FPU_SETCW Reply with quote

Hello,
I am trying a demo version of the PGI compiler (vers5.2-1 on RedHat 7.2). The code works with gcc or icc. With pgcc, I cannot use the standard _FPU_SETCW macro described in fpu_control.h. It results in a syntax error.

Example:
Code:
#include <fpu_control.h>
void init_float()
{
   fpu_control_t cw = 0x037f;
   _FPU_SETCW(cw);
}

The result is:
Quote:
PGC-S-0035-Syntax error: Recovery attempted by replacing ':' by '?'
PGC-W-0089-Array name used in logical expression
PGC-S-0056-Attempt to call non-function

What can I do ?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Extended Inline assembly is not supported in pgcc Reply with quote

Using the "-P" flag, we see that the marco "_FPU_SETCW(cw);" is actually an extended inline assembly statement.

Code:
 __asm__ ( "fldcw %0" : : "m" ( * & cw ) ) ;

While pgcc supports basic inline asm statements (see -Masmkeyword in the user's guide) in the form of

Code:
asm("statement");

where the statement is a legal assembly-language statement, pgcc does not support extended inline assembly statements. While I wouldn't really recommend it except as an experiment, it would be interesting to convert the extend to the basic form. Anyone willing to try it?

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: