PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Accelerator restrictions: unknown condition, invalid loop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMatt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Accelerator restrictions: unknown condition, invalid loop Reply with quote

When trying to accelerate a region (using double precision), the compiler said:
Code:
   1902, Loop not vectorized: mixed data types
         Loop not vectorized: may not be beneficial
   1913, Accelerator region ignored
   1914, Accelerator restriction: invalid loop
   1915, Accelerator restriction: invalid loop
         Loop not vectorized: data dependency
   1945, Accelerator restriction: unknown condition
   2004, Loop interchange produces reordered loop nest: 2005,2004
         Loop not vectorized: mixed data types
         Unrolled inner loop 4 times

The 1902 and 2004 bits are the real->real*8 and real*8->real parts of the code, so they aren't in the accelerator region. The loops I am accelerating are:
Code:
do i=1,m
   do k=1,np
so they don't seem to be invalid (i, k, m, np all integer). The "unknown condition" line is:
Code:
if (abs(st3) < 1.0d-8) then
and st3 is real*8. And I am compiling with cc13 just to make sure it uses that.

Now, I'm guessing this part of the code I'm trying to accelerate will not take well to acceleration, but I thought I'd try and see as it is a major timesink. I suppose my first question is, what do "invalid loop" and "unknown condition" mean when you see them in the -Minfo=accel and how does one usually work around them? Then, beyond that, why do they trigger this? Is abs not implemented on the GPU (or, more specifically, dabs)?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

The "invalid loop" message is a summary message meaning that something in the loop is prohibiting acceleration. I think the issue is that you're compiling with "-Kieee". Try removing this flag.

In asking our compiler engineers about this, it seems they are still working out what the "correct" behavior should be for conditionals within an accelerator region when "-Kieee" is used. Specifically, the behavior of NaNs.

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: