PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Course

Release date for fully Fortran2003 compliant PGI Fortran?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulv

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Release date for fully Fortran2003 compliant PGI Fortran? Reply with quote

Hello,

I did a search of the forums and a cursory one of the website but couldn't find any information. Apologies if this question has been asked, and answered, previously and I missed it.

Can someone at The Portland Group provide an estimated release date for a fully Fortran2003 compliant PGI Fortran compiler?

Thanks,

paulv
hongyon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paulv,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are working diligently to get this done. We have listed what we support in Fortran Reference Manual in 9.0 documentation.

If you don't find features you are looking for, please let us know so that we can prioritize to suit your need.

Please send your request to trs@proup.com

Thank you,
Hongyon
paulv

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hongyon wrote:
Thank you for your inquiry. We are working diligently to get this done.
Hi Hongyon,

Thanks for the reply. I did read the release notes for v9.0. Other Fortran2003 compiler vendors are also approaching the problem this way, i.e. adding f2003 features incrementally and releasing them in their f95 compiler updates.

Rather than me continually check back to see what features have been implemented (simple enough for me to do with a single vendor, but not for several), I would like an official statement as to when the complete f2003 standard will be implemented. Not just for me, but also for the various places that use our software. Besides, I would've thought your marketing folks would jump at the chance to put even more pressure on the people doing the compiler writing (ha ha, just kidding :o)

As to what f2003 features I want, well, right now I'm doing a lot of OOP programming. It would be great to be able to do that on a linux box -- I can only do so much f2003 development on AIX. :o)

cheers,

paulv
hongyon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pass this on to our compiler engineers.

Thank you for your feedback.
Hongyon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: