PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Warning-CUDALIB is not set
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Warning-CUDALIB is not set Reply with quote

Q. I get the following error when trying to compile using the PGI accelerator compilers:
Code:
make f1.exe
pgfortran -o f1.exe f1.f90 -ta=nvidia -Minfo=accel -fast
pgfortran-Warning-CUDALIB is not set in the pgfortran rcfiles; -ta=analysis assumed

pgfortran-Warning-CUDALIB is not properly set to a directory in the pgfortran rcfiles; -ta=analysis assumed

main:
     37, Generating copyin(a(1:n))
         Generating copyout(r(1:n))
     38, Loop is parallelizable
         Accelerator kernel generated
         38, !$acc do parallel, vector(256)

A. You must set the location of your CUDA software in the $PGI/linux86-64/<release>/bin/sitenvrc file before running the accelerator compilers.

For example:
Code:

cat sitenvrc
set NVOPEN64DIR=/opt/cuda/open64/lib;
set CUDADIR=/opt/cuda/bin;
set CUDALIB=/opt/cuda/lib;

Full details can be found in the PGI Installation Guide http://www.pgroup.com/doc/pgiwsinstall.pdf in the section titled "Accelerator Installation and Licensing"
xray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm working on a windows 7 system, nvidia, Cuda version 2.3 (capability 1.2) and PGI Workstation 10.1 32-Bit.
Compiling any pgi acc code on that machine I get the error message described above. An executable file is created and runnable though, however I want this warning to vanish. I already tried to create the "sitenvrc" in ...\win32\10.1\bin with the corresponding lines. Didn't help.
I think, it might have something to do with our CUDA installation which we made before the PGI installation and that we refused to install CUDA WITH Pgi. But I don't know. Can anybody help?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xray,

As of 10.0, you no longer need create a 'sitenvrc' file since we now ship all needed CUDA components. However, even if you have another version of CUDA already installed, to use CUDA Fortran or the PGI Accelerator model, you must install the version of CUDA that ships with the compilers. Please reinstall your PGI package and include the CUDA components.

Thanks,
Mat
xray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. I will try what you've suggested.
jpell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same error as listed above.
I installed the cuda libraries as instructed during installation. I also installed cygwin as suggested by the setup wizard. I have the latest 3.1 cuda developer driver installed from Nvidia. Another version of the CUDA toolkit is installed in c:\cuda for use with microsoft visual studio.
My system is windows 7 x64 home premium.

I am currently evaluating the pg software under a two week trial. I would prefer to use the pgi accelerator model rather than straight cuda with MSVSC++. I downloaded the Fortran/C/C++ workstation+gpu compiler. Please advise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: