PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

access violation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AndrewWadsley43066

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: access violation Reply with quote

I am generating an access violation when the program tries to initialise a variable in a common block

The debugger output is a follows:

pgdbg> Signalled ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0x425353, function recini, file recini.for, line 115
#115: npvt = 0

This is the common block (in total):
INTEGER NPVT, PVTLEN, PVTPOI, LPVT
REAL PVTTAB
COMMON /GASPVT/ NPVT, PVTLEN(MXPVTN), PVTPOI(MXPVTN)
& ,PVTTAB(MXPVTT,3), LPVT

The code is very large, and there are many other common blocks. The program was originally written many years ago and has been running commercially for over 20 years.

I have been unable to duplicate the error by only running the subroutine which carries out the initialisation as a main program - this routine by itself runs correctly.

The program runs correctly (apparently) on Salford, Lahey and Intel compilers and I am trying to port to PGI. I am using Windows XP with 4 GB memory, 32 bit OS. To execute under Intel and Salford, I need to set a large stack space (eg Intel link /stack:50000000 and under Salford slink I use virtual common -vc -stack:64000000)

Do you have any suggestions ?

Andrew
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrew,

Our equivalent link flag would be "-stack=50000000". Give it a try since this is the most likely cause of your access violation.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: