PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Installing a floating network license

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roonimathew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Installing a floating network license Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to the sys-admin side of the Linux world and hence my problems - I am in the process of setting up a multi-machine network, sharing a 2-user floating license. I have already set up the PGI Fortran server on one of the machines and is up and running with a permanent license key. My problem is that I dont know how to make the other machines on the network use the floating license that was installed on the first machine.

I did not see anything on this issue in the PGI install files. Any advice in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rooni.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rooni,

There are a couple different ways.

1) Copy the license.dat file you use for your license manager and copy it to the $PGI directory (typically /opt/pgi) on each of the other systems.
2) Copy a license.dat file to each system that includes the server name, the server's hostid, port number, and "USE_SERVER". For example:
Code:
server myserver 0014227A1234  27000
USE_SERVER

For options 1 and 2, users need to set the variable "LM_LICENSE_FILE" to "$PGI/license.dat" in their shell's environment.

3) Finally, instead of setting "LM_LICENSE_FILE" to a local license file, you have your users set it to "port@servername". For example:
Code:
export LM_LICENSE_FILE=27000@myserver.mynetwork.net

Hope this helps,
Mat
roonimathew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the second option and it worked. Thank you.
Rooni.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: