PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

PGI Visual Fortran: Project from existing code
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anya,

Quote:
Still, coming back to the original issue: is there a procedure to specify my own makefile for the PGI Visual Fortran to use? Alternatively, can I save a Linux-compatible makefile with PGI Visual? I constantly need to compile the code on a Linux server, and I need to have a functional makefile at hand at all times.

No, but if you have a shared directory (like on a network drive) where you can put your source files, you could then edit them from either Windows (in PVF) or Linux. Of course, you would need to update your Linux makefile if you added new files or changed compiler flags.

Quote:
Another really important question is whether I can specify command-line options for my programs while debugging or running the executable through PGI Visual Fortran. If these two questions are solved, I should be all set to start using it.

Yes, you can specify command line option by opening the "Project->Properties" dialog window, select the compilation phase ('Fortran', 'Linker', 'Resource', etc), and then select "Command Line". You're able to add your command line options in the box labeled "Additional options".

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: