PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Support for Fedora 9?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Support for Fedora 9? Reply with quote

I attempted an installation of 7.2-5 on a Fedora 9 linux cluster. I got the same warnings about an unknown glibc that I see reported by another user for 7.1-6. The somewhat reassuring reply to that question was that the installation "should be" fine, but 7.1-6 had not been tested on Fedora 9 and was therefore not officially supported.

I presume 7.2-5 is in the same category. Do you have a timeline for testing on Fedora 9?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gap,

Fedora 9 support should be available in our 8.0-1 release which will be out shortly.

The authors of glibc have been very good about not breaking compatibility. This is why we changed our install scripts to just issue a warning about the unknown glibc instead of aborting. However, it has happened in the past so we are never able to official support future version of operating systems.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: