PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

mpirun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garlay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: mpirun Reply with quote

i would like to delet my entire instalation and begin again but first i want to try the debug so if you can teachme where can i put the -g flag it will be great
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Garlay,

I'm assuming you mean that you want to build MPICH with debugging enabled. We have a Tips and Techniques Page (Found HERE) on building MPICH which includes following information on creating a "debug" version:
Quote:
If you wish to view MPI message queues when debugging your applications with PGDBG, you will need to link with a version of MPICH which has debugging enabled. To create a 'debug' version of MPICH, compile with the '-g -O0' options. You may wish to add the configure flag '--enable-debug' after the 'configure' command in order to allow PGDBG to display information about the MPICH message queues.

For MM5, remove the optimization flags (like -O2, or -fast) from "configure.user" and replace them with "-g". You can also debug with optimization by adding "-gopt", however optimization can restructure code making it difficult to debug.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: