PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Course

Problem about 'Assembler messages'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tutucz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Problem about 'Assembler messages' Reply with quote

I have used PGI5.0 to run MM5 for a while, and it worked well before yesterday.
But now I get the error as follows:
/tmp/pgf90210Tyw.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/pgf90210Tyw.s:4: Warning: line numbers must be positive; line number 0 rejected
/tmp/pgf90210Tyw.s:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `9'
/tmp/pgf90Spn32G.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/pgf90Spn32G.s:4: Warning: line numbers must be positive; line number 0 rejected
/tmp/pgf90Spn32G.s:4: Error: junk at end of line, first unrecognized character is `9'

I don't know what the problem is and how to solve it, please give me some advice. Thank you very much!
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tutucz,

Assuming nothing has changed on your system since yesterday (like a new or upgraded OS, new binutils, etc), check your disk space on the partition that "/tmp" is on. It possible that only part of the assembly file is being written.

Also, try using the flag "-Mkeepasm" so that the assembler file is written in your build directory instead of "/tmp".

- Mat
tutucz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkcolg,

Thank you very much.

The disk space is enough. I cleared all the files in '/tmp', but it was of no use. Then someone suggested trying a higher edition of PGI, so I deleted 5.0 and installed 6.0, and it could work again.

But I'm afraid that it will have the same problem again someday. I'll think over your advice. Thanks again. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: