PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Shared Library issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald Charlton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mat,

I have tried this in two different environments. Here is what I found:

Centos 5 PGI 7.1-5
The debugger will run the main routine when the shared libraries are in the default library directory (/usr/lib) but the debugger cannot find the source for the libraries.
I still get a library load error of a NULL address in the command window.

Centos 5 PGI 7.2-5 (Trial license)
The debugger will run the main routine if the shared library is in the default library directory (/usr/lib) and it also finds the library source.

Hopefully this will help.

Ron C.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronald,

Thanks for the information. The tools team has made several improvements in regards to shared library debugging, but obviously have some room for improvements.

I've made our Tool's manager aware of the additional problems. However, they are currently hard at work on some very cool (and useful!) improvements to the PGI profiler (PGPROF) so addition improvements to shared library debugging wont be available for the PGI 8.0 release. I do apologize for the inconvenience and hope the 7.2 release will be sufficient for now.

Best Regards,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: