PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

netcdf and SCAM - uses netcdf
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for something like "LDFLAG" in the makefile and add "-L/usr/pgi/linux86-64/7.2-5/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lnspgc -lpgc ". This will include all of PGI's F90 and C runtime libraries. Please change the "-L" to the actual location of you PGI library directory.

- Mat
morto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: success with SCAM...mostly Reply with quote

Mat,
Thanks for the help. I got it to compile with the path and library information you provided. There are some font problems with the gui but at least I got this far.

For anyone else who may encounter similar problems, this is what I had to do to get to this point.

I tried defining an environment variable:

export LDFLAG=-L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.0-4/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lnspgc -lpgc

...but the "gcc -o" command still could not find the PGI libs. I tried editing the "Makefile in /usr/local/cam1/models/atm/cam/tools/scam/obj/Makefile" and adding "-L/usr/pgi/linux86-64/7.2-5/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lnspgc -lpgc " to the "gcc -o" command but same result.

Only after going into:

/usr/local/cam1/models/atm/cam/tools/scam/ui

...and editing "configure":

LINK_LIBS="-L$NETCDF_LIB -lnetcdf $NCARG_LIBS $QTLIB -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lm -lXext -ldl -L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.0-4/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -ln
spgc -lpgc"

...and re-running "gmake in:

/usr/local/cam1/models/atm/cam/tools/scam

..did the build complete completely.

When running the compiled program "scam", there are fonts missing from the gui so I think I need to similarly edit other "configure" files in the directory tree to correctly reference the PGI libs, but I am now farther than I've been able to get for a while.

Thanks a lot.
-mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: