PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Problems compiling FFTW libraries
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slaton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry -- MPI parallel transforms are still only available in 2.1.5, so that is the version MPI-enabled parallel programs need to use. Do you have any problems with the tests for 2.1.5? Thanks.
slaton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...setting the stacksize to unlimited does cause the "make check" tests to complete. Thank you.

However my application that uses FFTW still segfaults when it calls an FFTW routine. Not immediately, but after grinding away for perhaps 45 seconds.

I guess i will have to build with debug flags and get my feet wet with pgdbg.
slaton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Can't build shared FFTW libs Reply with quote

OK...what the software vendor supports is the use of the FFTW shared library, not the static library. So as I mentioned previously, I'm currently using pgcc/pgCC/pgf90 to compile FFTW v2.1.5. When I use the --enable-shared autoconf option for FFTW, I see from config.log that this is not working:

Code:
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries
result: yes
checking if libtool supports shared libraries
result: no
checking whether to build shared libraries
result: no

I tried removing "-mcmodel=medium" and adding -fPIC, with no change in the behavior.

I switched to gcc/g++/pgf90, using just "-m64 -O2" as CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS. Now the shared libraries DO get built. From config.log:

Code:
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries
checking if libtool supports shared libraries
checking whether to build shared libraries

Is this a known pgcc/pgCC issue with libtool? The only reference I've seen to this referred to not using -fPIC and -mcmodel together, mentioned in another post by mkcolg.
gasitton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: FFTW builds with pgcc 5.2 Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to build FFTW3 with the --enable-sse option??
This causes the gcc inline assembly instruction asm to be used which
kills pgcc.

gas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: