PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

MM5 performance on AMD64 Opteron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie,

The Makefile that comes with the REGRID package from UCAR has a "Linux" section in it which is configured for use with pgf90. The selection of the "Linux" section is done automatically in the Makefile by grepping the output of the "uname -a" command.

Most likely, your Makefile has been modified and the "-DDEC -DBIT32" define flags were removed from the "CPPFLAGS" and "CCFLAGS" variables. To fix, you can add these define flags back in to both the regridder and pregridder sections, or re-download the REGRID.tar.gz package.

Hope this helps,
Mat
julieh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks - that does help.
julieh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having problems getting ictrans working on opteron - I was trying to follow your instructions given previously - but can't work out which lines to edit because my files don't have the same line numbers as yours.

Alternatively - are there any binaries out there for ictrans and idt ?

thanks,

Julie
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie,

I downloaded the latest NCAR graphics library (4.4.1) this morning and was able to get "ictrans" and "idt" to compile. I first moved the "config/LINUX.64.PGI" to "config/LINUX" and then ran "./Configure" as normal. I think this config file is new as of the 4.4.0 release.

As for binaries, I did see a binary available for Red Hat 9.0 using the PGI compilers, but I don't know if these were for 32 or 64-bit.

- Mat
VictorH

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: ncarg-4.4.1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to compile ncarg-4.4.1 using pgf90 (version 6.0) and gcc (3.3.5). The ncarg package comes with LINUX.GNU and LINUX.PGI config files but no config file is available to work with pgf90 and gcc.

Trying to create a $NCARG_INSTALL/config/LINUX file that uses pgf90 and gcc I always get unresoveld symbols.

Does anybody have a "..../config/LINUX" file that works with pgf90 and gcc ?

Thanks,
Víctor.

PS: By the way, I'm running debian 32bits on an AMD64 system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: