PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

problem compiling RIP4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: problem compiling RIP4 Reply with quote

I try to compile the RIP4 package ( the WRF Model GRAPHIC TOOLS) usiing pgf90 v.6.0 on suse 9.0. I was able to successfully produce the executales for all the tools exept 'rip'.
The compiler print out a lot of unresolved symboi cannot determine to which library they could belong. I look after all the libraries that comes with the PGI compiler without success.
Some of the symbols are:
pghpf_sect1v
e_wsfe
e_wsfe
do_lio
Any help apreciated.

Follow a partial loutput from compilation:
pgf90 -o rip addorfill.o adjellip.o angle.o barb.o bes.o bogs.o brnshr.o bshear.o bvfricalc.o capecalc3d.o ceilingcalc.o colram.o colrln.o condheat.o cpchhl.o cpchll.o cpcolr.o cpmpxy.o createdtg.o cttcalc.o dbzcalc.o ddpcalc.o ddx.o ddy.o derivc.o drawcl.o driver.o eqthecalc.o extingcalc.o fields.o fillarray.o finterp.o finterp2d.o fregcalc.o frtitle.o fy.o fx.o getbasicvars.o getchar.o getconvals.o getdash.o getdims.o getheadinfo.o getinum.o getminfo.o getpt.o getrnum.o gettimes.o getvar.o getvarinfo.o hboxdraw.o hbulldraw.o hchadraw.o hcondraw.o hiresmap.o hlinedraw.o hmapdraw.o hodograph.o hsidsdraw.o hstrdraw.o hticdraw.o htrajdraw.o hvecdraw.o igetcoind.o lennonblank.o liftparcel.o locinterp.o maptform.o maptick.o mconvert.o mktrjpts.o mlen.o monotonic.o netasc.o numeric.o omgcalc.o pfcalc.o pltitle.o prcver.o precprob.o premaptform.o profil.o pvocalc.o qgomg.o rdcolt.o readspec.o relhl.o rhucalc.o rip.o rotipslab.o rotpslab.o sateqthecalc.o saweli.o scondraw.o setripheader.o smooth.o smoothcp.o smoothcz.o srflow.o srflow2.o sstats.o sticdraw.o sticdraw_polar.o svecdraw.o tdpcalc.o tfpcalc.o thecalc.o tonpsadiabat.o tserprep.o turb.o unblank.o vbardraw.o vc2dcalc.o vcondraw.o velbrb.o velvctmts.o vgp.o vinterp.o virtual.o virtualhyd.o viscalc.o vticdraw.o vtrajdraw.o vvecdraw.o vwinddraw.o wdircalc.o wetbulbcalc.o writefile.o wspcalc.o xmapcalc.o xtodot.o binio.o v5d.o -L/usr/local/ncarg/lib -lncarg -lcgm -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -L/usr/lib -lm -L/usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/lib -lpgf90
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_gks.a(gesc.o)(.text+0x1694): In function `gesc_':
: undefined reference to `pghpf_sect1v'
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_gks.a(gesc.o)(.text+0x1753): In function `gesc_':
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_gks.a(gesc.o)(.text+0x180b): In function `gesc_':
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_gks.a(gesc.o)(.text+0x18db): In function `gesc_':
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_gks.a(gesc.o)(.text+0x199a): In function `gesc_':
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_gks.a(gesc.o)(.text+0x1a5c): more undefined references to `pghpf_sect1v' follow
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x3ce): In function `i1mach_':
: undefined reference to `s_wsfe'
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x3d3): In function `i1mach_':
: undefined reference to `e_wsfe'
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x519): In function `i1mach_':
: undefined reference to `s_wsle'
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x52f): In function `i1mach_':
: undefined reference to `do_lio'
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x546): In function `i1mach_':
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x55c): In function `i1mach_':
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(i1mach.o)(.text+0x564): In function `i1mach_':
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ace,

These symbols (except the 'pghpf_sectv1') are located in the g2c library. Adding "-g77libs" to the link line should bring in the correct g77 libraries (assuming you have g77 installed).

The 'pghpf_sectv1' symbol is a internal compiler generated symbol added with the 5.2 release of the compilers. Typically you get this if your using an older compiler (5.1 or earlier) with libraries built with 5.2 or later. Can you please post the command line passed to the linker? To get this add '-v' to your link line and look for the command starting with '/usr/bin/ld'. To save space, please omitt the objects. Also, please post the output of the command 'which pgf90'.

Thanks,
Mat
ace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
Ok, I recompile the package adding the the g2c library and the only unresolved symbol now is 'pghpf_sectv1'.
As I wrote, I'm using the last version of the compiler, 6.0...anyway I post what you ask.
Thank a lot!

Command passed to the linker:
/usr/bin/ld /usr/lib/crt1.o /usr/lib/crti.o /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/crtbegin.o /usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/lib/f90main.o -m elf_i386 -dynamic-linker /lib/ld-linux.so.2 addorfill.o adjellip.o angle.o barb.o bes.o bogs.o ... v5d.o -o rip -L/usr/local/ncarg/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3 -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3 -rpath /usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/lib -lncarg -lcgm -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -lX11 -lm -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lg2c -lc -lnspgc -lpgc -lm -lgcc -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-suse-linux/3.3.3/crtend.o /usr/lib/crtn.o

'which pgf90' output:
/usr/pgi/linux86/6.0/bin/pgf90
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ace,

I think rebuilding the ncarg libraries with the 6.0 compiler should take care of the problem. I just built ncarg with 6.0 and RIP4 was able to link correctly.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: