PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

multiple user license?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bdkaplin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm    Post subject: multiple user license? Reply with quote

I purchased a license to PGI Accelerator Fortran Workstation through my machine vendor. At the time, I thought the only limit was installation on a single node. Instead, we have only been able to have 1 person using the PGI compiler on the machine at any given time. Is there a version of the license that allows multiple users on a single node-locked machine? Or do I have to purchase and install a network license? If so, is there a possibility to upgrade my current license to either of these?

Brian
bdkaplin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind, I answered my own question by checking out the PGI Server page. My resulting question is, is there a maximum of 1 license/node or 1 license per MAC address? Seems to me that the 2 user license is 4x as expensive, so intuition says the licensing process wouldn't just allow me to buy multiple single-user licenses.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bdkaplin,

The PGI Workstation product uses a node-locked license and allows the compilers to be used by multiple users on the same system, but just not at the exact same time.

The PGI Server product uses a floating license which allows the compilers to be installed on any system within your internal network. The only limit being the number concurrent users. This is why is more expensive.

Please contact PGI Sales (sales@pgroup.com) if you need specific information about your account.

Best Regards,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: