PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Data visualization
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tuan,

I doesn't look like something we'll be able to support, at least in the short term. As part of our CUDA C compiler, it appears that we'll need to add OpenGL support so we may be able to fold this work back into CUDA Fortran. In the meantime, you'll need to use the method I showed in my Game of Life program posted about.

Thanks,
Mat
Tuan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mat.

Sadly, this will make CUDA Fortran less competitive than CUDA C. Many scientific problems should be able to take advantages of both computational and graphical power of Fermi.

As mentioned in the CUDA Fortran manual, I thought any non-implemented runtime CUDA C API, including CUDA-OpenGL interop, can also be invoked from Fortran.

So, what if I write the main function from C, where I'll call CUDA C-OpenGL initialization functions; and then use C-Fortran interop to call my existing function in Fortran? Can I use CUDA Fortran code as shared library or at least with static library?

Thank you,
Tuan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: