PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

NaNs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szczelba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael, thanks for your response. I understand what you mean, but I don't think it is the exact case.
I have an array rcsqf declared as:

Code:
      real(kind(zzz)), dimension(:), allocatable, save, target :: rcsqf

Since I don't have access to full source code I can only assume that there is some pointer that points on this array. But I'm pretty sure it is not used in the code that I want to execute on the GPU. Moreover there is nothing new put into the rcsqf array during execution on the GPU.

Based on your post and on this line from compilation stage:

Code:
  Generating copyin(rcsqf$p(imoj4:imoj5))

I assume that no values from rcsqf were copied onto the GPU, but just the pointers. ("$p" mark at the end of "rcsqf" name) So, this is a bit different problem. Why should the copyin directive copy only pointers to the target array, since it is a normally allocated array? The only difference is that it can be pointed on by some pointer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: