PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Can't use CUDA in Visual Fortran
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cu239

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

I uninstalled and reinstalled CUDA and PGI CUDA Fortran to Drive C: by default. Yet when I compiled matmul.CUF again, the compiled still said "pgnvd-Error-CUDADIR value is not a directory: f:\program files\pgi\win32/2010/cuda/3.1/bin". Why is it still related to "F:"?

Under the directory "C:\Program Files\PGI\win32\2010\cuda\3.1", I found 3 directories: bin\, include\, and open64\. The bin\ is just what I need. Under "F:\Program Files\PGI\win32\2010\cuda\3.1", there are 2 dirs: lib\ and open64\, just like before.

It seems that there are something wrong with the pgnvd-Error-CUDADIR value settings.

Thanks a lot,
Bingray
hongyon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You will also need to uninstall and reinstall PGI Visual Fortran 10.8 too OR PGI Workstation 10.8, whichever 10. 8 you have installed. Sorry. That will reset all variables correctly. The compiler expects to have CUDA in the same directory(disk).

Let me know if this works.
Hongyon
cu239

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I did uninstall and reinstall PGI Visual Fortran 10.8 too. But it doesn't work. Not all of the variables could be reset correctly. The system seems to remember the directory of 1st time installation. How to uninstall it completely?

Thanks a lot,
Bingray
cu239

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again,

Today my classmate installed the very same CUDA toolkit 3.1, SDK, and PGI Visual Fortran 10.8 on his computer. All directories were set on C: by default. Now he can compile matmul.f successfully. But his linking fails. Error messages are:
===========================================
Linking...
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cudaSetupArgument@12 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL_KERNEL__ENTRY@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cudaLaunch@4 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL_KERNEL__ENTRY@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pgf90_dev_alloc03 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pgf90_dev_copyin referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pgf90_dev_configure_call referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CUDATHREADSYNCHRONIZE@0 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pgf90_dev_copyout referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pgf90_dev_dealloc03 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _pgf90_dev_allocated referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___cudaRegisterFatBinary@4 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___cudaRegisterFunction@40 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___cudaUnregisterFatBinary@4 referenced in function _MMUL_MOD_MMUL@24
matmul.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CUDASETDEVICE@4 referenced in function _MAIN_
matmul.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CUDAFOR
F:\CUDA_Test\PVFProject1\Win32\Debug\PVFProject1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 14 unresolved externals
PVFProject1 build failed.
===========================================

On my computer, compiling still fails. And my lisence will expire in 1 day and 3.81 hours. I wish I could figure it out soon.

Thank you,
Bingray
hongyon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

He will need to make sure the file name ending with .cuf , not .f.

Regarding the license, please contact trs@pgroup.com and explain your situation. They might be able to do something with it.

Hongyon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: