PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Automated install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ijpulidos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Automated install Reply with quote

Hello, I have a question concerning PGI install.

I'm using an old version of PGI (6.24) and I need to reinstall every now and then for security issues. My question is if there's a way of installing PGI in an automatic way, so that no input from the user is needed. I'd really appreciate a help with this, any ideas?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ijpulidos,

You might try writing an 'Expect' script.
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expect

Also, you could edit the install file to always perform the same actions. It's just a bash script so is easy to edit.

Hope this helps,
Mat
ijpulidos

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks. I think I'll go with editing the shell script option since it seems pretty easy to do and to accomplish what I need. Thanks a lot for your help.
ijpulidos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I tried editing the install script and the only thing I'm stuck with for an automated install is in the step where it asks for Name, Username and mail. I just noticed it's a program called mkinst the one that's in charge of this, but it's a binary file so I can't edit it or change its behaviour. Any ideas how to get around this? I'd really much appreciate your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: