PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

cuMemcpyDtoH error
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KarlW

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marco,

I have had an error with similar behavior, I managed to bypass/fix it by declaring the inner (non-parallel) loops of my kernel as sequential using !$acc do seq.

Good luck!

Karl
Tuan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mkcolg wrote:
Hi Marco,

The error does appear to have been found and fix in our internal development compiler and I have requested that this fix be add to our next release (10.2) due at the beginning of February. The work around to this issue is to use the flag "-ta=nvidia,oldcg".

Best Regards,
Mat

May I ask you what is "oldcg" for?

Tuan
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tuan,

"oldcg" is being used a work around for a bug in the "newcg". "cg" stands for code-generator. As of 10.0, we added new code generator targeting the NVIDIA GPU. Unfortunately, like may new features, there are bugs. In this case, the bug did not occur in the old code generator from the 9.0 release. Note that "oldcg" flag is not documented and will eventually go away.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: