PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

pgnvd job exited with nonzero status code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
williamjacobs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: pgnvd job exited with nonzero status code Reply with quote

I am running a fresh install of ubuntu 9.04 x64. pgaccelinfo finds both of my gpus, both compute capability 1.3.

When I try to compile the accelerator code samples, both in c and in fortran, I get this internal compiler error:

PGC-F-0000-Internal compiler error. pgnvd job exited with nonzero status code 0 (c2.c: 73)

The line in the source code referenced is always the last line. This error message is preceded by 100 errors from the standard gnu cpp library:

/usr/include/c++/4.3/x86_64-linux-gnu/bits/c++config.h(233): error: expected a "{"
/usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/cpp_type_traits.h(74): error: expected a "{"
/usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/cpp_type_traits.h(81): error: expected a "{"
/usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/cpp_type_traits.h(308): error: name followed by "::" must be a class or namespace name
etc...

Thanks in advance.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi williamjacobs,

This error is caused by an incompatibility between the GNU g++ 4.3 header files and the NVIDIA installation. To work around this issue add the line "set GCCVERSION=40301" line to your $PGI/linux8664/<release>/bin/sitenvrc file.

For example:
Code:
Quote:

cat /usr/pgi/linux86-64/9.0-1/bin/sitenvrc
set NVOPEN64DIR=/opt/cuda/open64/lib;
set CUDADIR=/opt/cuda/bin;
set CUDALIB=/opt/cuda/lib;
set GCCVERSION=40301;

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: