PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Keep window open to read error message?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lelerew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:37 am    Post subject: Keep window open to read error message? Reply with quote

I've reached the debug stage of a program that implements a BVP package. It cranks for a while, then writes multiple lines of messages to the proram window and stops....and the window is closed before I can read the message.
How can I get the window to stay open?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lelerew,

I'm assuming you're using PVF, in which case there isn't a way to keep the window open. However, you can capture the output by changing your project property page's 'Debugging->Command Argument" to redirect the output to a file, i.e. "> output.txt". After the program terminates, you can then open the file in notepad and view the output.

Since the window closes after the debugger ends, you can also try setting a break point before the program ends.

Hope this helps,
Mat
lelerew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: redirect should do it Reply with quote

Thanks, Matt! The redirect should do it. I already have files open for solution output and error messages from my code, but the "package" doesn't have the option to redirect output and no place to put a breakpoint--just one call, then wait for a return. If successful, more calls are made to get the solution at various points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: