PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

error while loading shared libraries
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must have SELinux enabled. This secure linux module can cause a lot of headaches and if you don't need the enhanced security features, you might be better off disabling it. To disable SELinux altogether, add "SELINUX=disabled" to your system's "/etc/sysconfig/selinux" file and reboot.

If you do need SELinux, then for all shared libraries you create as well as the PGI shared libraries, you need to, as root, run the command "chcon -t texrel_shlib_t nameoflib.so".

Hope this helps,
Mat
Emma

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Default optimizations? Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Are there default optimizations that take place in the absence of any optimization flags? How can I turn them all off? I'm using -g -O0 right now, but still no change the program still crashes on start up and I get the same message if I attempt to run in the debugger.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emma,

"-O0" disables all optimizations. Does the problem still occur after you turn off SELinux?

- Mat
Emma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: No change Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Okay, so I disabled SE Linux, rebooted then compiled the libraries with pgcc and the main app with gcc. running the program crashes as usual, now running pgdb fails the same way as running with out it. I suppose this is an improvement of sorts.

The call immediately prior to the crash appears to be an fseek.

I tried to place a break point, but when I hit run it seems to disappear.
Emma

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Initial enthusiasm is dying Reply with quote

Well it would appear this thread has finally become about debugging.

I can't for the life of me get a break point to stick. Also the only way I can see the library is if I compile the library in wit pgcc and the main app with gcc. This seems wrong to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: