Joined: 23 Sep 2004
|Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm Post subject: success with SCAM...mostly
Thanks for the help. I got it to compile with the path and library information you provided. There are some font problems with the gui but at least I got this far.
For anyone else who may encounter similar problems, this is what I had to do to get to this point.
I tried defining an environment variable:
export LDFLAG=-L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.0-4/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lnspgc -lpgc
...but the "gcc -o" command still could not find the PGI libs. I tried editing the "Makefile in /usr/local/cam1/models/atm/cam/tools/scam/obj/Makefile" and adding "-L/usr/pgi/linux86-64/7.2-5/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lnspgc -lpgc " to the "gcc -o" command but same result.
Only after going into:
...and editing "configure":
LINK_LIBS="-L$NETCDF_LIB -lnetcdf $NCARG_LIBS $QTLIB -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lm -lXext -ldl -L/opt/pgi/linux86-64/7.0-4/lib -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -ln
...and re-running "gmake in:
..did the build complete completely.
When running the compiled program "scam", there are fonts missing from the gui so I think I need to similarly edit other "configure" files in the directory tree to correctly reference the PGI libs, but I am now farther than I've been able to get for a while.
Thanks a lot.