PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

PGI Workstation x86_64 Interix/SUA - beginners questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerker_back

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat
Quote:
modifying system include files is generally not a good idea

No, but with Interix headers there are some issues, especially with the MS compiler and LP64. You cannot use the original headers in x64 without a compiler with LP64 support. cc and l2ll - OK, but not in VS. There are a few bugs, discovered in SUA 5.2, still appears in the Longhorn beta.
Code:
$ ./a.out

You're right, there must be a conflict somewhere in the headers. I look into that again. pgcc have ANSI C as standard, right? I was thinking if a switch like -c89/-c99 was needed.
Quote:
Where you trying to use the generated objects in a DLL? If so, then this is not yet supported for 64-bit SUA. You may consider using the PGI Windows compilers which do support DLL creation.

No, just a first simple testprogram. You must be able to recreate it with a fresh pgcc installation. The only thing I changed was the PSDK directory to my VS installation (which contains newer versions of the tools). It all depends on how the PGI libraries was linked. I only tested the x64 version, I doubt there is a problem in 32bit.
Quote:
The 32-bit SUA/SFU compilers will use a GNU-style linker while the 64-bit SUA compilers will use MS link.

That sounds great and very interesting if you manage to get shared library support.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jerker,

Quote:
pgcc have ANSI C as standard, right? I was thinking if a switch like -c89/-c99 was needed.
By default the PGI C compilers use C99. To use C89 use "-c89".

Would it be possible for you to write-up a report and sample code about the ADDR32 error you're seeing and send it to PGI customer support at trs@pgroup.com? I'd like to have an engineer look at it.

Thanks,
Mat
jerker_back

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
write-up a report and sample code about the ADDR32 error you're seeing

OK, I post it here as well.
Code:
// test_longtype.c
extern int __cdecl printf (const char *, ...);

int __cdecl main(void)
{
    int size = sizeof(int);
    printf("size of int is %u\n", size);
    size = sizeof(long);
    printf("size of long is %u\n", size);

return 0;
}

Code:
$ pgcc -O1 -o test_longtype test_longtype.c
libpgc.a(stkchk.o) : error LNK2017: 'ADDR32' relocation to '.data' invalid without /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO
libpgc.a(trace_interix.o) : error LNK2017: 'ADDR32' relocation to '.data' invalid without /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO
LINK : fatal error LNK1165: link failed because of fixup errors

My fix:
ldrc(121) /subsystem:$SUBSYS ... /largeaddressaware:no /machine:$MACHINE[/quote]
jerker_back

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is autoconf(2.61) test for uid_t taken from GNU make 3.81
config.log
Code:
configure:8296: checking for uid_t in sys/types.h
pgcc-Fatal-/opt/pgi/sua64/7.0-6/bin/pgc TERMINATED by signal 13
Arguments to /opt/pgi/sua64/7.0-6/bin/pgc
/opt/pgi/sua64/7.0-6/bin/pgc conftest.c -opt 1 -terse 1 -inform warn -x 59 4 -x 19 0x400000 -x 119 0x40E10400 -x 59 4 -x 70 0x8000 -x 122 1 -x 122 0x40 -x 123 0x1000 -x 127 20 -tp p7-64 -y 80 0x4000000 -x 119 0x8000000 -astype 0 -stdinc /opt/pgi/sua64/7.0-6/include:/usr/local/include:/include:/usr/include -def lp64 -def unix -def __unix -def __unix__ -def __INTERIX -def _POSIX_ -def _ALL_SOURCE -def _REENTRANT -def MT -def __inline__= -def __x86_64__ -def _M_AMD64 -def __NO_MATH_INLINES -def __amd64__ -def __extension__= -def __SSE__ -def __MMX__ -def __SSE2__ -def __SSE3__ -predicate '#machine(x86_64) #lint(off) #system(unix) #system(posix) #cpu(x86_64)' -def _CTYPE_DISABLE_MACROS -cmdline '+pgcc conftest.c -E -O1 -D_CTYPE_DISABLE_MACROS' -x 123 4 -x 123 0x80000000 -alwaysinline /opt/pgi/sua64/7.0-6/lib/libintrinsics.il 4 -es -pp
configure:8319: result: no

The warnings occur when there are duplicate typedefs. This will generate them:
Code:
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <inttypes.h>
int __cdecl main(void)
{
    return 0;
}
Code:
typedef int a;
typedef int a;
int __cdecl main(void)
{
    return 0;
}
It seems there are 2 separate problems. pgcc choke on uid_t for some reason and appear to hate when a typedef occur twice.
jerker_back

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

autoconf tests that terminate with "TERMINATED by signal 13" I discovered so far. As I understand the tests are aborted before completed resulting in wrong configuration.
    AC_AIX - checking for AIX
    AC_HEADER_STDC - checking for ANSI C header files
    AC_TYPE_UID_T - checking for uid_t in sys/types.h
    AC_FUNC_GETLOADAVG
    AC_CACHE_VAL
    AC_EGREP_CPP
exactly why is beyond me. Some of these may fail due to other macros.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: