PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

IOSTAT error 209

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bachour

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: IOSTAT error 209 Reply with quote

Hello:

I am getting an error when opening a text file. Iostat gets error code 209.
¿What does that code mean?

Thank you.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bachour,

Fortran runtime error messages can be found Appendix A of the PGI Users Guide. Specifically, error 209 is: " 'OLD' specified for file which does not exist".

Hope this helps,
Mat
bachour

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:42 am    Post subject: hummm Reply with quote

Thank's for guiding me to find the meaning of this error.
I'm afraid I don't understad why my source code doesn't find a file that already exists, it's in current working directory and the program opened another file before in that direcotry.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bachour,

The only case in which this error should occur is when a system call to "access" (See 'man access') fails to detect the existance of the file. Can you please double check that you have the file name spelled correctly and that it contains no special characters? Otherwise, can you either post a small example or send the code to trs@pgroup.com so we can reproduce the problem here?

Thanks,
Mat
bachour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote

The file name was read from a config file. The matter was that not only the file name was read but also a new line character. I didn't notice it untill I used LEN_TRIM function on the variable were file name was kept.
Many thanks for your suggestion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: