PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Can I monitor a common block?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L Huang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Can I monitor a common block? Reply with quote

hi,

I am pretty new to both Fortran and pgdbg. Currently I am working on a big Fortran program, which have several named common blocks. When I print or type of a named common block, it says NO TYPE for the common block. Would it be possible to do it with pgdbg?
Thanks!
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi L Huang,

You should be able to use the print command to view the contents of a common block (See Section 1.10.5 http://www.pgroup.com/doc/pgitools.pdf), so I'm not sure why your getting this error. Are you able to print out the common block's elements? Is your common block named?

- Mat

Last edited by mkcolg on Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
L Huang

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I am actually looking at named common blocks. And I can print the member variables of a common block, but not the common block by print the_name_of_common_block.

L Huang
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi L Huang,

I'm not sure since it should work. Unfortunatley our office is closed this week so it will be next wek before I can ask our Tools group.

Sorry for the delay,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: