PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Unable to use assign to fill a vector from data held by set.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Gunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: You missed fixing it in the 6.1-4 release Reply with quote

Your fix didn't make it into 6.1-4 either - 32-bit still has this issue.

Have you guys stopped working on 32-bit? Should we tell people to stop counting on PGI for 32-bit work now?
David Gunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject: Bad advice... Reply with quote

You often recommend to people that they edit .h files and the like.

Please understand that on many systems normal users do not have access to make these changes and getting a request to sys-admins to do so can be a huge time to wait.

It would be much better if you folks could just fix the software instead of letting things lapse and miss it in *2* subsequent releases.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

You are quite right that it's not the best advice, but the only work around available. I fully take the blame on this one since I misread kgt's original post as applying only to 64-bits instead of 32-bits. 6.1-4 was released last week before we were aware of the mistake. As I indicated before, I have reopened the TPR and will ensure that the error is corrected.

Best Regards,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: