PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Recordtype='fixed'
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCT_FORTRAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: recordtype='fixed' suggestion did not work Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestion, but that did not work.

open(unit=47,file='foo',form='unformatted', status='old', access='direct', recl=5, readonly, iostat=ierr, err=99, iomsg=message)

read(47,iostat=jerr, err=99, iomsg=message2) k1, k2, k3, k4, k5

My open statement worked fine. But on the first read, I get an iostat error code = 219, iomessage = 'attempt to read/write past end of record'

Here is what I suspect is happening. The open statement is defaulting to a variable length record. (The old equivalent of recordtype='variable'). As such, the read statement is expecting the first word in the record to be the record length. But since the file was created as a true fixed length record, no such information is obtained. (Or, more precisely, the read statement picks up an erroneous record length obtained from the first variable in the read.)

I must say, reading and writing fixed length records should be pretty standard stuff.

Any help will be appreciated.
JCT_FORTRAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found it. Recl needs to be number of bytes, not number of long-words.

With this change, my code now seems to work.

Thanks to all who tried to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: