PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Memory allocation in Windows for fortran77 applications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
surucu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Memory allocation in Windows for fortran77 applications Reply with quote

Hi There,

I am using pgf77 to compile a fortran program in a 64bit machine. It compiles the file and the executable works. My question is:

- I have a 64bit dual proecessor, but the windows shows that I have 4 cpu's and if I run one executable, it uses one of the four (25 %), and if I run 3 execultables, each of them uses 25 %, total 75 % of the CPU.

It does not give more CPU to the simulation even if I change the priority of the application.

Do you have any suggestions to fix this?

Murat.
Christopher Hulbert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a dual processor and it shows that you have 4, then each processor is likely a dual core. I haven't used SMP on windows, but you could try to parallelize your program with -Mconcur or using -mp and openMP directives. This will likely split the workload among the processors. Keep in mind that 25% of a 2 processor dual core system is approximately 100% of a single processor single core system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: