PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

MPICH 3.1 compiling
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedroivo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help!

My configuration was causing compilation errors in the WRF3.4.1 too. I tried your suggestion for MPICH and I managed to compile the WRF.

But same MPICH errors keep appearing on config.log.

I changed MPICH configuration for --with-device=ch3:nemesis and I did not enable posix. For this modification, the WRF was also compiled.

Maybe, the modification FC=pgfortran instead of FC=pgf90 has resolved my problem.

The MPICH errors keep appearing, but they did not affect the MPI implementation.

Thanks!!

Pedro Ivo
Environmental Engineer
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe, the modification FC=pgfortran instead of FC=pgf90 has resolved my problem
"pgfortran" and "pgf90" are the same compiler driver, just with a different name. We wanted to move away from the Fortran standard in our driver name since pgf90 supports F2003. The exception is pgf77, which is strictly F77.

However, the "configure" script could be using pattern match on the compiler name to determine which flags to use. Though, I'm not sure.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: