PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

PGDBG not running properly over remote connection
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiersma

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: PGDBG not running properly over remote connection Reply with quote

Hi all,

When I run pgdbg over a remote connection from a linux host to a windows box (using putty + xming), the gui seemingly freezes up. I can access the menu bar, but when I click in the text boxes on the connection tab (say, "program args") no cursor appears. The field is not greyed out and it is not just that I can't see the cursor since what I type does not show up in the box.

Anybody else having this problem?

Thanks,
Rob
ams

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Are you launching pgdbg on a Linux host and attempting to debug a Windows application located on a Windows box?

Annemarie
wiersma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Annemarie,

I have everything (source code, pgfortran, pgdbg) on a Linux box. I access that computer via the Windows box at my desk using putty for ssh and Xming for the display. This is some sort of XWindows error I guess, but it is weird.

Rob
ams

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay -- thanks.

Have you ever tried pgdbg's remote debugging capabilities? You run pgdbg locally on your Windows box (OS X is supported too) and connect to the Linux box from inside the debugger. On the debugger's Connections tab there's a Remote option, and fields to put the Linux system, user name, license key and program location (on the Linux box), etc.

The remote debugging client for Windows is available in a standalone package called 'PGI Debugger' on the downloads page, so if you want to try it, that's all you'll have to install.

Annemarie
wiersma

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Annemarie,

The Windows XP download of the debugger doesn't seem to work. Linux and Windows 7 does, but XP doesn't start and the direct link doesn't work.

I've emailed the address provided (webmaster@pgroup.com), but haven't got a response yet.

Thanks,
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: