PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Course

undefined references & etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with the "cannot restore segment prot after reloc" is indeed a SELinux issue. A few days ago a new release of SELinux was distributed and this release is causing problems with shared objects in several kinds of programs everywhere. For instance, all my java applications stopped working returning that same error, from web browser applications to file viewers to pgdbg tool. There is a workaround, by simply issuing '#setenforce 0' at prompt as root, although this may pose some security risk.
The point is that, after solving the problem with SELinux, I did manage to recompile my code withouth the "-Bstatic" linker flag, but when I execute the code it stops after a while with the following error:

$ ./MOD_PR04_05.exe
PGFIO-F-209/list-directed read/unit=10/'OLD' specified for file which does not exist.
 In source file MOD_PR05_V2.f, at line number 748

The indicated source code line contains a "READ(handle_trans(1),*)" instruction, but I believe this is not the real issue. The executable code itself has a log feature which is quite verbose, but it just gives "success" returns for all the operations performed until the error occurs.
In PGI user guide page 279, the comment for this kind of error is:

Memory allocation operations occur only in conjunction with namelist I/O. The most probable cause of fixed buffer overflow is exceeding the maximum number of simultaneously open file units.

Any hints on compilation / linking flags that I may be missing, or anything else ?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

The text you quote actually applies to Runtime Error Message #210 not #209. Sorry if this is confusing. Our error messages are not always well documented but in this case I believe the thought was that message #209's text is self-explanatory.

For some reason your program cannot read from the file. First make sure that it does exist and then check that you have read permission. If it does exist and you have permissions, perhaps SELinux is preventing your program from reading files?

- Mat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: My solution to the issue Reply with quote

The problem is with the SELINUX security level.

In FC4 do the following:

as root, edit the file /etc/selinux/config and type the following:

then restart selinux or your system... That's it!!! :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: