PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

memory model change to avoid crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THX 1138

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: memory model change to avoid crash Reply with quote

I get the following output when I compile my program with pgcc and run it:

Code:

./pgcc_grab_2_64_opt
This persistent region (20971520) is too small (870588416).
Aborted (core dumped)

This is indicating I think that I am exceeding allocated memory. How do I get it to run? This happens almost immediately after I try to run the prpgram. I think that it happens on the allocation steps. Can changing the mcmodel and/or any other parameter stop the crash and core dump from occuring? I think it is just crashing because the amount of memory allocated at the start of the program is excesssive.

The command i give or just linking with the math library and a special libaray thta checks for false sharing. The compile linker commands are basic such as:

-lrt -m64 -lm

Can I allocate more memory for the arrays? This gives the same message when I substitute gcc for pgcc. The crash messsage is exactly the same.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

THX 1138
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi THX_1138,

The error isn't coming from any PGI runtime routine so I assume it's coming from the false sharing library. Can you check the libraries documentation for it's meaning?

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: