PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

pgprof : Message and bytes counts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi L-A,

You might have been confused by original response. I mentioned only "-Mprof=mpi,func" since it works with or without "-Mmpi". I didn't intend for you to think that "-Mmpi" needed to be removed. The two flags are not dependent upon each other. All "-Mmpi" does is add the default MPICH libraries at link time which could also be achived by using "mpicc" or adding the MPICH libraries directly on the link line.

- Mat
lal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

I think that the 2 similar systems where I do my testing could have a config problem. But that's what i got.

pgcc -Mmpi :
MPI only, no profile (ok!)

pgcc -Mmpi -Mprof-mpi,func :
MPI, I can look at the function profile for each process but i don't see the messages and byte count

pgcc -Mprof-mpi,func
MPI, i can look at the function profile for each process and I see the messages and byte count
(ok)

All I try to explain is, if that behavior is common someone should change it. The command 'pgcc -Mmpi -Mprof-mpi,func' and 'pgcc -Mprof-mpi,func' should give the same binary.

L-A

this is the different dryrun output (only the diffs):

(-Mmpi and -Mprof=mpi,func)

-lpgnod_prof -lmpich -lpgnod_prof_mpi -lmpich -lpgftnrtl -lpgft nrtl -lc -lnspgc -lpgc -lm -lgcc -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.4//crtend.o /usr/lib64/crtn.o

(only -Mprof=mpi,func)
-lpgnod_prof -l pgnod_prof_mpi -lmpich -lpgftnrtl -lc -lnspgc -lpgc -lm -lgcc -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux- gnu/3.4.4//crtend.o /usr/lib64/crtn.o
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: