PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Double-double

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malcolm Bibby

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Double-double Reply with quote

Has anyone used the PGI compilers with the latest version (qd-2.3.14) of DD and QD package from Berkeley?

If so, would someone kindly share with me their Makefile.

Thanks.

Malcolm
Malcolm Bibby

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Paper by Brent Leback on DD Reply with quote

Hi Mat. In a paper on using Cuda 5.0, Brent Leback used as an example the generation of DD values. Would you mind asking him for a copy of his Makefile - particularly any parts related to invoking qd-2.3.14, and then either post it or email it to me.

Thanks.

Malcolm
mkcolg

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Malcolm,

I asked Brent about this. He just use a few functions from the ddfun90 package since they are written in Fortran, making it easier to convert to CUDA Fortran. He didn't use QD since it's written in C++. Also, he didn't use a makefile, though all the code examples are available from links in the article.

- Mat
Malcolm Bibby

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: More on DD and QD Reply with quote

For those interested in using DD precision the following commands are useful for generating compiler flags and linker flags:

"dd-config --fcflags"
"qd-config --fclibs"

Malcolm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: