PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

Error compiling the code
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgarzon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Error compiling the code Reply with quote

Hi guys

I have downloaded the free version of the PFI Fortran compiler, and I have installed all acording the pdf guide
but im having two problems

1. When I create a new project for 32bits, I try to compile the project but I get the error
"visual studio cannot debug because the debug target f:\user\myuser\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\myproject\win32\debug\myproject.exe" is missing.

and

2. When I create a new project for 64bits, when I press F6 to generated the solution I don't get any error, But when I press F6 to start the project appear the black window where must be appear the word "hello world", but in the screen don't show nothing and later this window stays blocked.

I have downloaded the visual fortran PGI 64bit & 32 bits - windows OS.

Im trying to develop and application for GPU.

Thank you very much
mkcolg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dgarzon,

Quote:
downloaded the free version of the PFI Fortran compiler,
Do you mean you are using a a 15-day trial license or a free PVF Education license? The free PVF Education license does not include support for GPUs.

Quote:
1. When I create a new project for 32bits, I try to compile the project but I get the error
"visual studio cannot debug because the debug target f:\user\myuser\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\myproject\win32\debug\myproject.exe" is missing.
We're there any build errors? Does the executable exist?

Quote:
2. When I create a new project for 64bits, when I press F6 to generated the solution I don't get any error, But when I press F6 to start the project appear the black window where must be appear the word "hello world", but in the screen don't show nothing and later this window stays blocked.
What OS and CPU processor do you have? I ask because Win7 didn't support AVX until SP1 and cause errors when targeting AVX enabled processors. You can test this by targeting an older or generic processor (Properties->Fortran->Target Processor)

- Mat
dgarzon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mkcolg

Thankyou for your answer.

I have downloaded a free version (30 days) of visual fortran.

about the question 1, I dont get any error because the visual studio dont know how to compile the code, for that motive the .exe is not generate.

About the question 2, Im working on windows 7. The processor is a Intel core i5.

Now, i have another question.

which version of PGI I have to download to work with gpu?
I always have been working with the nvcc compiler, but I dont know then which is best option with the PGI packets.

This are the options that i have to download the PGI, and would need to work with visual studio.

PGI Accelerator Fortran/c/c++/ workstation
PGI Accelerator Fortran workstation
PGI Accelerator c/c++ workstation
PGI Accelerator Fortran/c/c++ server
PGI Accelerator c/c++ server
PGI Accelerator visual Fortran
PGI Accelerator visual Fortran with shell
PGI Fortran workstation
PGI c/c++ workstation
PGI Fortran/c/c++ server
PGI Fortran server
PGI c/c++ server
PGI visual Fortran
PGI visual Fortran with VS shell
PGI debugger

Thank you very much
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This are the options that i have to download the PGI, and would need to work with visual studio.
Portland Visual Fortran is our Visual Studio product. Download the "with Shell" version if you do not already have VS. Without the shell are for those that already have VS. Be sure to select the correct platform for the Visual Studio version you are using. VS2012 is not compatible with older Windows versions.

Quote:
About the question 2, Im working on windows 7. The processor is a Intel core i5.
Core i5 is just a marketing name. What you need to know is the specific processor type (for example Core i5-2600) to determine if your processor does or does not support AVX instructions.

Quote:
about the question 1, I dont get any error because the visual studio dont know how to compile the code, for that motive the .exe is not generate.
Sorry, I'm not understanding. Why doesn't know how to compile the code?

- Mat
dgarzon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mkcolg

My main question is: Can I with visual fortran develop and application for gpu?

second:
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not understanding. Why doesn't know how to compile the code?

I have VS2010, and I have installed the visual fortran, acording to the installation guide.

I have this code
Code:

!
!  ConsoleApp.f90
!
!  Fortran Console Application
!  Generated by PGI Visual Fortran(R)
!  20/06/2013 16:27:32
!

program prog

implicit none

! Variables

! Body

end program prog

Now, I can't compile or run this example.
When I try to compile this code, visual studio show me a message that says "error at generate", but in the error list don't show anything.

And when I try to run it directly, visual studio show me this message

"visual studio cannot debug because the debug target f:\user\myuser\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\myproject\win32\debug\myproject.exe" is missing. "

So that my question is: Why can I not to execute or compile this code?

Thank you very much
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Debugging and Profiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: