PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

Possible compiler bug with OpenMP and COLLAPSE directive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis Jespersen

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Possible compiler bug with OpenMP and COLLAPSE directive Reply with quote

I believe I have run across a bug in the PGI Fortran compiler involving OpenMP and the COLLAPSE directive. The latest pgfortran I have access to is 12.4, and it fails for me. I have packaged up a test case illustrating the problem; it's a little too long to post here but can be obtained via
"wget http://people.nas.nasa.gov/jesperse/ssortest.tar.gz"
if you're interested. That file (3 KB) has a README, Makefile, and source code. If you want the file but have trouble getting it, e-mail me and I can probably sent it to you.

I had an OpenMP guru here look at the example, and he thinks it's OK. Also, the GNU Fortran and Intel Fortran compilers don't have any problem with it.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dennis,

I was able to recreate the issue here and have sent a report to our engineers (TPR#18707) for further investigation. As you note in your Makefile, the test is successful without optimization.

Best Regards,
Mat
jtull

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: TPR 18707 is fixed in 13.1 Reply with quote

Dennis,

TPR 18707 - User code gets wrong answers with OpenMP COLLAPSE

was fixed as of the 13.1 release.

Thanks for the report.

dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: