PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

GLIBC and RAMS installing problems...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waldyd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: GLIBC and RAMS installing problems... Reply with quote

Hi... :-)

When installing rams, it seems to be a problem with the glic libraries. Here is the prompt:

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/waldyd/rams44/bin'

ar x rams-4.4.a rammain.o
pgf90 -o rams-4.4 rammain.o -v -Wl,-static rams-4.4.a \
./librams-4.4.a ./libutils-1.1.a -L/usr/local/ncarg/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lpthread

/usr/bin/ld /usr/lib/crt1.o /usr/lib/crti.o /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.0.0/crtbegin.o /usr/pgi/linux86/lib/f90main.o rammain.o rams-4.4.a ./librams-4.4.a ./libutils-1.1.a -o rams-4.4 -static -L/usr/local/ncarg/lib -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 -lpthread -L/usr/pgi/linux86/lib -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.0.0 -rpath /usr/pgi/linux86/lib -m elf_i386 -dynamic-linker /lib/ld-linux.so.2 -lpgf90 -lpgf90_rpm1 -lpgf902 -lpgf90rtl -lpgftnrtl -lm -lc -lpgc -lgcc -lc -lgcc /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.0.0/crtend.o /usr/lib/crtn.o
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(ncarg_path.o)(.text+0x1b9): In function `_NGResolvePath':
ncarg_path.c: warning: Using 'getpwnam' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(ncarg_path.o)(.text+0x1cc):ncarg_path.c: warning: Using 'getpwuid' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/local/ncarg/lib/libncarg_c.a(ncarg_path.o)(.text+0x13d):ncarg_path.c: warning: Using 'endpwent' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a(GetDflt.o)(.text+0x9a): In function `GetHomeDir':
GetDflt.c: warning: Using 'getpwnam_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a(GetDflt.o)(.text+0xf6):GetDflt.c: warning: Using 'getpwuid_r' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)(.text+0x64): In function `_X11TransSocketOpen':
x11trans.c: warning: Using 'getaddrinfo' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)(.text+0xa39): In function `_X11TransSocketUNIXConnect':
x11trans.c: warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.a(x11trans.o)(.text+0x1d9a): In function `_X11TransSocketINETConnect':
x11trans.c: warning: Using 'getservbyname' in statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/usr/lib/libpthread.a(unwind.o)(.text+0x44): In function `unwind_stop':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetCFA'
/usr/lib/libpthread.a(unwind.o)(.text+0x72): In function `unwind_stop':
/usr/lib/libpthread.a(unwind.o)(.text+0x11e): In function `__pthread_unwind':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_ForcedUnwind'
/usr/lib/libpthread.a(unwind.o)(.text+0x15c): In function `__pthread_unwind_next':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_ForcedUnwind'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofclose.o)(.text+0x196): In function `fclose':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofclose.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofflush.o)(.text+0xcd): In function `fflush':
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofflush.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofgets.o)(.text+0x12c): In function `fgets':
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofgets.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofputs.o)(.text+0xf3): In function `fputs':
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofputs.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofwrite.o)(.text+0x106): In function `fwrite':
/usr/lib/libc.a(iofwrite.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(ioputs.o)(.text+0x125): In function `puts':
/usr/lib/libc.a(ioputs.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(ioseekoff.o)(.text+0x190): In function `_IO_seekoff':
/usr/lib/libc.a(ioseekoff.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(iosetvbuf.o)(.text+0x14a): In function `setvbuf':
/usr/lib/libc.a(iosetvbuf.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(wfileops.o)(.text+0x48e): In function `_IO_wfile_underflow':
/usr/lib/libc.a(wfileops.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x37d): In function `_IO_new_file_underflow':
/usr/lib/libc.a(fileops.o)(.text+0x218a): In function `_IO_file_fopen':
/usr/lib/libc.a(fileops.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(syslog.o)(.text+0x1b8): In function `closelog':
/usr/lib/libc.a(syslog.o)(.text+0x235): In function `openlog':
/usr/lib/libc.a(syslog.o)(.text+0x6cd): In function `vsyslog':
/usr/lib/libc.a(syslog.o)(.text+0x6de): In function `vsyslog':
/usr/lib/libc.a(syslog.o)(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gcc_personality_v0'
/usr/lib/libc.a(backtrace.o)(.text+0x1b): In function `backtrace_helper':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetIP'
/usr/lib/libc.a(backtrace.o)(.text+0x34): In function `backtrace_helper':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetGR'
/usr/lib/libc.a(backtrace.o)(.text+0x3f): In function `backtrace_helper':
/usr/lib/libc.a(backtrace.o)(.text+0x98): In function `backtrace':
: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Backtrace'
pgf90-Fatal-linker completed with exit code 1

make[1]: *** [rams-4.4] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/waldyd/rams44/bin'
make: *** [rams] Error 2

How can i solve this?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi waldyd,

The warning messages are just saying that the dynamic libc library must be use for some of the symbols and your application will not be completly static. Since libc must be on every Linux system, I doubt this will cause problems.

For the undefined references, you want to find the library which contains the symbols. In this case, the symbols can be found in "/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.0.0/libgcc_eh.a". Using the "nm" utility, followed by a "grep" will show if the symbol is present and an upper case "T" indicates that the symbol is defined. A "U" indicates that the symbol is used but undefined. For exmple:
Code:
fedora4:/usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/4.0.0% nm libgcc_eh.a | grep -i "_Unwind_GetCFA"
nm: unwind-sjlj.o: no symbols
00000224 T _Unwind_GetCFA

To search multiple libraries use the "foreach" command.
Code:
foreach i ( `ls *.a` )
foreach? echo $i
foreach? nm $i | grep "_Unwind_GetCFA"
foreach? end

Exactly why the g++ exception handling library is needed, I'm not entirely sure, but adding "-lgcc_eh" should solve your linking problem.

Hope this helps,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: