PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Free OpenACC Webinar

PVF not installing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: PVF not installing Reply with quote

Hi PGroup,

I am trying to install PVF-132 for windows. But I am having a problem.
I have Windows 8, Dell XPS 8500, Intel i7 3370, NVIDIA GeForce 680 GPU.
I installed both Visual Studio 2010 and VS 2012 express to install PVF, unfortunately, the PVF giving me the error MS windows 8 SDK is a prerequisite for this PGI product and it does not appear to be installed on this system. so what I did I went to pgroup.com/microsoft-sdk and downloaded and installed the SDK for windows 8. I rerun the setup, still giving me the same error that it can't see the SDK I installed in my machine.
Please advice.

cheers & thanks!
Dolf
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dolf,

Sorry about that. There was a problem with our Windows installers that causes this error. We just pulled the packages from the web a few hours ago and are in the processes of rebuilding the packages. They should be available again soon.

Unfortunately, you will need to re-download PVF, but you shouldn't need to get the Win8 SDK again.

- Mat
Dolf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Thanks Mat, I really appreciate the massive efforts you guys do to keep codes clean and bug free.
also, what is the difference between PVF and PVF-shell?? can I use that instead to compile cuda-fortran files for windows platform via VS 2010?

thanks,
Dolf
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I really appreciate the massive efforts you guys do to keep codes clean and bug free.
We do our best effort and perform a lot of testing, but sometimes we miss things. Fortunately it wont take long to fix.

Quote:
what is the difference between PVF and PVF-shell?
The "shell" version includes the Microsoft Visual Studio shell for those users who don't already have Visual Studio installed.

Quote:
can I use that instead to compile cuda-fortran files for windows platform via VS 2010?
Sure, once we get the installer fixed.

- Mat
sslgamess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

Has the installer been released? I just tried downloading PVF with the VS Shell but the direct link doesn't take me to anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: