PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

error 0: DEALLOCATE: memory at 0x28cf840 not allocated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron Cohen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: error 0: DEALLOCATE: memory at 0x28cf840 not allocated Reply with quote

My jobs for an mpi f90 code crash with the errrors:

0: DEALLOCATE: memory at 0x28cf840 not allocated

This happens with at least 6.0 and 6.1 versions of the compiler on more than one Opteron machine running two different OS's. I can not find any way to trace where the crash is occuring. I have run with bounds checking -C and it finds nothing, and I have comilerd with -g and no optimization and it still crashes with no traceback.

There are NO allocates or deallocates in my program.

The program runs fine with certain inputs, but with other inputs runs through many cycles and then crashes. Sometimes it takes hours before it crashes, but it always crashes in the same place with the same input. I have not been able to find anything useful on the web or pgroup site about this problem or error
message.

Ron Cohen
brentl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error message is certainly coming from our DEALLOCATE function. Even if you do not explicitly use allocate and deallocate, we may be calling these if you are using array syntax and we have to generate temporaries, or other similar reasons.

This problem, as you know, will be hard to debug. I will talk to our compiler engineers next week. We probably need to find a way to get you a stack dump when and where the error occurs.

Would the code and data be available for us to try here? If it is easier, send email to trs@pgroup.com and reference this User Forum topic with your thoughts.
Ron Cohen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: will reply by email Reply with quote

the code is available. thanks, Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: