PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

license problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edmund

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: license problem Reply with quote

can i create a trail license for another computer?

the computer which wanted to use pgi compiler is not connected to internet.

Please tell me how to do it.
thanks.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edmund,

Quote:
can i create a trail license for another computer? the computer which wanted to use pgi compiler is not connected to internet.
Sure. First install the compilers on the system you wish to use then. Next, the hostid of the computer (via the "lmgrd lmhostid" command). From an internet enabled system, access your PGI Web Account (https://www.pgroup.com/account/index.php), follow the "Create trial keys" link and enter the hostid in the "FLEXnet hostid" box. Copy and paste the generated license to a text file and then transfer it to the system with the compilers installed. By default, the license should named "license.dat" and be put in the base PGI directory (/opt/pgi). Once you have the license, continue with the rest of the PGI Installation guide on starting up the license manager.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Licenses and Installation All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: