PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

matrix reduction using cuda fortran and GPU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

its Fedora core 14.
I don't remember seeing errors, so should I install again??
Dolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

whats the difference between PGI accelerator fortran and PGI fortran?? which one is good for cuda fortran compiling for linux?

Dolf
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its Fedora core 14.
I don't remember seeing errors, so should I install again??
That should be fine. Did you run the install script? Are you running the compilers out of the installed directory, not the directory where you unpacked the distribution package?

If you continue to have trouble, please send a note to PGI Customer Service (trs@proup.com). They are much better at diagnosing install issue then I am.

Quote:
whats the difference between PGI accelerator fortran and PGI fortran?? which one is good for cuda fortran compiling for linux?
The compilers are the same, the difference is that the "Accerator" license allow you to use the PGI Accelerator features such as CUDA Fortran, CUDA-X86, OpenACC, and the PGI Accelerator Model. PGI fortran can only target x86 based systems.

- MAt
Dolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are you running the compilers out of the installed directory, not the directory where you unpacked the distribution package?

I think I found the problem, I was able to compile in the folder /opt/pgi successfully.
thanks Mat.

so now, if I have .f90 with cuda fortran code I want to compile, what linux switches I need to use to successfully make it work with max efficiently on a Tesla C1060??
what max block size I can use?
now I am using block size of (32,16,1) on my GeForce 460 v2.
thanks,
Dolf[/quote]
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
so now, if I have .f90 with cuda fortran code I want to compile, what linux switches I need to use to successfully make it work with max efficiently on a Tesla C1060??
-Mcuda=cc13, though you don't really need the cc13. By default, we generate device code for multiple compute capabilities. So by adding cc13 you're just minimizing a bit of code bloat.

Quote:
what max block size I can use?
Run the command "pgaccelinfo" to see information about your device, including the max block size. For a C1060:
Quote:
Maximum Threads per Block: 512
Maximum Block Dimensions: 512, 512, 64
Maximum Grid Dimensions: 65535 x 65535 x 1

Quote:
now I am using block size of (32,16,1) on my GeForce 460 v2.

That will work, though I've found a 16x16 typically works better. Granted, the block size is problem dependent so you will want to experiment on what works best for you.

- Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Accelerator Programming All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: