PGI User Forum
 SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist     RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CUDA-x86.

How to setup PGI Version 12.6 in MS Visual Studio 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kehkok

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: How to setup PGI Version 12.6 in MS Visual Studio 2010 Reply with quote

I successfully installed PGI Accelerator Compilers in my laptop. How do I start a HelloWorld project by using OpenAcc on Cuda?

I have Cuda 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 5 in my laptop too.
mkcolg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kehkok,

I'm assuming you mean that you have Portland Visual Fortran (PVF) installed and during installation you selected 'yes' when asked if you wish to install the CUDA components? If so, I'll refer you to the PVF users guide (http://www.pgroup.com/doc/pvfug.pdf) on the basics of using PVF. There's also an Sample Project, AccelPM_Matmul, in the "PGI Visual Fortran -> Samples -> gpu" directory, which should help in getting you started. Matmul is essentially the 'Hello World' program for GPUs.

Quote:
I have Cuda 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 and 5 in my laptop too.
We ship all the CUDA components we need with PVF so you don't need to use these. You just need the CUDA driver installed in order to run your program.

- Mat
kehkok

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mat,

I would like to use VC++ and I am not Fortran developer. I am using Visual Studio 2010 for all my Cuda development. I can compile Cuda 4.0 to 5 VC++ solution. I read the documentation, there is step by step for Visual Studio in Fortran for PGI, but there isn't any steps for MS Visual Studio VC++. Can you point me to right direction?
mkcolg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kehkok,

It sounds like you are looking for OpenACC support in C? Microsoft VC++ doesn't support OpenACC so you'll need to use PGI's C compiler, pgcc. While we haven't productised it, we do have a beta C plugin for VS. Though, I'm not positive on its current status. Please send a note to PGI Customer Support (trs@pgroup.com) for details.

If you're looking form CUDA C support from within MS VS, please contact NVIDIA and/or Microsoft.

Thanks,
Mat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PGI User Forum Forum Index -> Programming and Compiling All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: